Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Wrap Up

Hello! Well, we made it through the first month of the year and honestly...how?? I can't believe it's already February (yes, I know we all say that every month). Hope everyone is taking care of themselves, mentally as well as physically.


I actually had a pretty good reading month because I was cramming as much as I could before school started. Believe me, the rest of the year will not look like this. I think I read a good variety, and even got a few nonfiction in there, which I am always trying to read more of.


5-Star Reads: A Closed and Common Orbit
Other Notable Favorites: The Memoirs of Lady Trent Series, The Rise of the Rocket Girls, We Should All Be Feminists, Station Eleven
Nonfiction: Rise of the Rocket Girls, How's Your Soul, We Should All Be Feminists, Feminist Theory


So back in July, I stopped giving star reviews to non-review books (with the exception of 5-star reads, because those deserve it). But starting in 2017, I am also not giving star ratings to review books as well. Hopefully my review does an adequate job of telling you whether or not I liked it, and if you will too. Idk, I just started to find star ratings so...arbitrary and meaningless.


Music: I actually have an old favorite this month. For some reason, I got back into older Relient K music and have not stopped listening to Mhmm and Apathetic EP.
Movie: I saw Hidden Figures this month and I AM STILL NOT OVER THIS MOVIE OKAY
TV: I binged all 7 seasons of Parks and Recreation and OMG YOU GUYS this show I love it so much and I'm not sure what to do with my life now. 

Hope everyone had a lovely January. Keep fighting the good fight, y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment